Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Currency



A task for a digital media art course I'm taking. Thought I'd share it. D:

ABOUT THIS VIDEO:
The assignment was to do a 30-ish-second-long video with "multiple edits and a text credit displaying your full name and the year of production" in Final Cut, based on our choice of a list of themes: Kitchen, Earth, Lost and forgotten, Equal, or Currency. I stared at them for a week and "Currency" leapt out at me earlier today while I was at the bus stop. Just in time for the deadline!

I filmed it all at my desk using a lamp and a camera over the course of about 10 minutes, after I had the idea set in my head. Thank goodness FCE's crop feature worked in tandem with SHEER UNADULTERATED LUCK with that split-screen bit at the end. :O

Colour effects were done with Colour Correction Filters. Also, the left side of the splitscreen was twice as red and shadowed as the right side, so I did a pile of minor correction slidering to try and at least match it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment